Friday, August 12, 2005

[hdtv Antenna Indoor Ottawa]

Euphorismus - or looking for a word which does not exist

My overtired brain has just expanded its interests in the LJ-profile list and while it has pondered what it might otherwise still so shot through, suddenly The same eleven letters: EUPHORISMUS. Because I think in German and my English is not the best, I first asked the Google translation, which I could not answer. In that regard, no wonder I have often regretted Google as the first to question things in language. But when I then neither the Leo-translation machine could still help my Berlitz German / English-tome, I was suspicious. I dug out two dictionaries and found no Euphorismus again, but now I had the euphoria which I had found all to be expected, packed. I became more uncertain and the word as such I always seemed unreal, but somehow I had internalized it. So I googled again, this time not with language tools, but right after all, and found 854 results. So it seemed somewhere in the underground scene of the German language to be such a word. I flew over many of the already often mentioned search engine spit out results. Much of the hit was out of the football department and always meant by the importance of euphoria. Also interesting, I found a forum discussion in which someone mistook Euphorismus with euphemism. Last but not least I finally found it but that, well, not quite Searched: On one side of Karl Vorlander "History of Philosophy" is an FC Müller-Lyer the speech, which immediately identified a whole philosophy Euphorismus.

"... His philosophical belief (The Meaning of Life, 1910) he called" Euphorismus, "a philosophy that" the perfect personality as the ultimate purpose and the perfect state regarded as the ultimate goal and the two highest values through cultural dominance to strives to realize «..."

(Source: http://www.textlog.de/6638.html )

In any case, I like the word still, even though I've now realized that I was probably still only the Euphoria said. I have now Euphorismus times frankly translated "euphorism.

Regards, Luc

And no, I have no idea why this entry was well now. I think I've never been soooo devoid of meaning to me ^ ^

0 comments:

Post a Comment