Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Theater Black Bodysuit

From the soul of an earthworm to the value of a rat life ...

Sezierkurs leaves me at the university, and I can say "as expected", no peace. Last Thursday was now the erste Tier getötet und seziert (nein, wir töten die Tiere nicht selbst), und zwar der Regenwurm. Das ging mir sehr gegen mein Gewissen, und es war nicht gerade leicht, den ersten Schnitt zu tun, nicht, weil ich nicht wahrhaben wollte, dass dieser Wurm tot war, sondern weil da einfach eine Respekt-Hemmschwelle ist, die ich dann immer habe. Die ist eben beim Wurm nicht geringer als bei Huhn oder Ratte; ein Umstand, auf den ich eigentlich sehr stolz bin, weil ich etwas gegen die Wertzuschreibung von Leben aufgrund der Größe und Bedeutung des Lebewesens für den Menschen habe.
Ist der erste Schnitt getan, geht der Rest schon einfacher von der Hand. Ich möchte ja nicht, dass das Tier ganz umsonst gestorben ist; aber gerade so I have every Prapärationsschritt fear of doing something wrong to destroy something. Even when we are done long ago, and even the "Disposal" I'm careful.

I am very happy with our teacher, because I have already experienced so crass, but it has itself apparently a lot of respect for life, for it showed us even in the flatworms (perhaps NEN half inches in length and simply in sink could wash away) indicated that they are living creatures, and after the course, the animals were again exposed in the wild, where they were captured. A job that is certainly not because of any such "primitive" micro-organisms would make.

after tomorrow is waiting for the section of a grasshopper on us. I feel ambivalent me: I am both very glad that the price covers only very little with which I have already done, because then the death of the animals the best possible learning experience for me, but then I feel too unprepared; us so no one says how to do something very well, we "will make a stop." In Tübingen
we had after all a very helpful reader, I've also just picked up again from the sidelines. Now I find it only at how little I have from the course at that time "taken away" really. If I have learned one thing from my new beginning, then it is that I do not longer so easily ignored, half do or even my documents after passing the written exam throw away (I miss those documents now all painful. = ().

I have sooo much forgotten or never noticed before. Well, that is forgotten after four years Although probably not a shame it's sad when I think back to the animals that are dead to me since all this I now know much more to appreciate... (

Otherwise, just as my thoughts go through your head like: How much is a life actually worth when animals are killed just for a demonstration effect I find that very sad;? prepared slides, pictures and models but would also (and better) Show how it looks. I have to say as that I now see Tübingen different because there we have dissected a lot less than we do here. We often had "only" a freshly dead animal that was passed around to see something specific / feel, otherwise we had a lot of prepared slides for microscopy.

Overall I think just a shame that small body size means as often as low life value. If we were to dissect a bouquet, which would surely make more vertebrae than the chicken, or a horse more than the rat cause a stir. This is such nonsense. I notice but especially at the course itself, especially in the earthworm ... passes through the slicing and preparing me such an animal very close, and I was very impressed with how complex such a worm is already built, with brain and blood circulation and all. In one thinks otherwise simply not yield. But whether this is enough really been a reason, to justify a course? I think not.

When I think that so much is, I get very discouraged. I feel like I would wear every week for more blood on their hands. Especially to animals, I have a unspeakably bad conscience. Sometimes I almost cry when I caress my rats Phoebe or "hello" say, because it is such a hypocritical double standard ... one part sweet, warm and soft and the other on the dissecting table, sitting, with the bloody Bone shears in hand.

But precisely for this reason I want to be a teacher, I do not want to appear arrogant, but I think I look forward to life, a respect that is worthy to be taught to others, it is always important for people to be convey that we can not continue as Pasha may make our environment and exploit. Every being has a right to but its existence here, and it is more important than ever to relay that. And not only from the selfish reasons that we might otherwise be worse off. But because it should be common sense. Because we already burned out of compassion not ants, battery cages or dog suspend support should. Of course I
will not move a large amount of students to spiders in cups to take out of the apartment, just because I have them held a bioethics lecture.
course of my courses are not more vegetarian than to go out of Lord X '"I do not care, meat is tasty" - fair.
But perhaps I can put small plots of small stones, which are capable of anything. I can set an example at least that it can be different than just "not care". I get the chance to arguments. And last but not least you have a teacher as a role model, even if it is not even so will still want to be seen by students as an example, it happens.

The theme Sezierkurs will probably accompany me the whole semester by acute, probably far beyond. Why not?

But to come again to speak to the university itself (I know I am very diffuse, but whatever): in general I am always happy with the new beginning, but I also feel incredibly stressed out and having a enormous amount of material face; which is ridiculous when you consider that I Bio once had been (if before age 4 and has long been forgotten, at least I vaguely remember and I have the tag all already heard and understood) unc I chemical not really follow, because I still hope that I my course will be counted. In English all more or less new to me. From next week it comes to syntax, that is finally something that I had before, everything else is new territory.
fun I've won a lot, and I bloom here very much! Especially with Jule in English for me to feel totally cool, I like to sign up and tell also like what, I come before me no longer timid. I like to prepare (I have never liked to!), I'm learning now eagerly. In short, I am a completely new student. And very happy about.
have only depends I do that it still is not enough, I can absolutely nothing to estimate, as expected, just something is exactly what is required. This makes me very insecure and restless.

I'm curious to see how this turns out even the first semester. I look forward to the move, on Christmas, the holidays. I also hope that I can get rid of a little since then the feeling that the stuff I was passed permanent.

Yes. So much for my impressions today. Maybe I'll write more soon again. To friends and such. But for now it's enough for now. One thing I might just say: I miss my friends who are like me. I've got really only Jule. Kat
I miss a little. The time to study here. Cultural Studies in a threesome would be awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment